What happens when you quit smoking and start vaping? So, you’ve decided to quit smoking. Congratulations! You’re taking a crucial step towards improving your health and well-being.
While we’re all aware of the associated health risks of smoking, it’s essential to understand what happens to your body when you stop smoking and start vaping.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore your body’s remarkable journey as you transition from smoking to vaping.
The Benefits of Quitting Smoking
Before we delve into the specific changes when you quit smoking and start vaping, let’s first highlight the numerous benefits of quitting smoking altogether. Quitting smoking improves your overall health and brings about positive changes in your life. Here are some key benefits:
- Reduced Risk of Disease: Smoking is a leading cause of various diseases, including lung cancer, heart disease, and respiratory disorders. You significantly reduce your risk of developing these life-threatening conditions by quitting smoking.
- Improved Lung Function: Smoking damages your lungs and reduces their capacity to function optimally. When you quit smoking, your lung function gradually improves, allowing you to breathe more comfortably and efficiently.
- Enhanced Cardiovascular Health: Smoking raises blood pressure and increases the risk of heart disease and stroke. By quitting smoking, you lower your blood pressure and reduce the likelihood of cardiovascular problems.
- Increased Energy Levels: Smoking can leave you tired and lethargic due to the reduced oxygen supply. Quitting smoking helps restore your energy levels, allowing you to lead a more active and vibrant lifestyle.
- Better Respiratory Health: Smoking irritates your airways and damages the cilia, tiny hair-like structures that help clear mucus and debris from your lungs. When you quit smoking, your respiratory health improves as the cilia regain function, reducing the risk of infections and respiratory illnesses.
Now that we’ve highlighted the benefits of quitting smoking let’s explore the specific changes in your body when transitioning from smoking to vaping.
What Happens When You Quit Smoking and Start Vaping? – what happens when you quit smoking and start vaping.
20 Minutes After Quitting
Within just 20 minutes of quitting smoking, your body starts to experience positive changes:
- Heart Rate and Blood Pressure: Your heart rate and blood pressure begin to drop steadily, reducing the strain on your cardiovascular system.
2 Hours After Quitting
- Improved Circulation: Your circulation starts to improve. This is a crucial milestone as it marks the beginning of the first effects of nicotine withdrawal. However, if you switch to vaping at this stage using nicotine E-Liquid, you can mitigate the withdrawal symptoms.
12 Hours After Quitting
- Elimination of Carbon Monoxide: Carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas in cigarette smoke, starts to leave your body. This gas binds to blood cells, preventing them from bonding with oxygen, which can lead to cardiovascular problems. Vaping does not contain carbon monoxide, making it a safer alternative.
24 Hours After Quitting
- Heart Repair: Your heart begins to repair itself, improving its function and reducing the risk of heart disease.
48 Hours After Quitting
- Restored Sense of Taste and Smell: One noticeable change when you quit smoking is the restoration of your sense of taste and smell. After 48 hours, you’ll experience the return of these senses, enhancing your enjoyment of food and aromas.
3 Days After Quitting – what happens when you quit smoking and start vaping.
- Nicotine Elimination: After three days, all traces of nicotine will be eliminated from your body. This is a critical milestone, as withdrawal symptoms tend to peak around this time if you quit smoking cold turkey. However, if you use a vape to help you quit, you can alleviate withdrawal symptoms and reduce your craving for a cigarette.
2 Weeks After Quitting – what happens when you quit smoking and start vaping.
- Improved Lung Function: After two weeks without smoking, your lung function increases, and you’ll notice positive improvements in your physical health. Your lungs gradually start to heal, and you may experience reduced coughing and wheezing.
1 Month After Quitting – what happens when you quit smoking and start vaping.
- Cilia Restoration: Your lungs contain cilia, microscopic hair-like linings that help move debris and microbes out of your airways. When you smoke, these cilia become clogged with tar. After one month of not smoking, the cilia regain mobility, clearing your airways of mucus and dirt. This helps lower your risk of infections and respiratory issues.
3-9 Months After Quitting
- Continued Lung Improvement: Your lung function continues to improve, leading to a reduction in coughing or wheezing. The healing process takes time, but with each passing month, your respiratory health gets better.
12 Months After Quitting
- Reduced Risk of Heart Disease: After one year of quitting smoking, your risk of heart disease is reduced by half. Even if you have switched to vaping, the risk remains significantly lower than when smoking.
10 Years After Quitting
- Decreased Risk of Lung Disease: After ten years without smoking, your risk of developing lung disease is now half that of a current smoker. This reduced risk applies even if you continue vaping. Additionally, your risk of heart disease is comparable to someone who has never smoked.
Why Switch from Smoking to Vaping? – what happens when you quit smoking and start vaping.
The journey from smoking to vaping is not just about quitting smoking; it’s about finding a safer alternative to support your quitting efforts. Vaping offers several advantages over traditional smoking cessation methods. Let’s explore the reasons why many individuals choose to switch from smoking to vaping:
Research Supporting Vaping as an Effective Smoking Cessation Tool
Studies have shown that vaping is 60% more effective for quitting smoking than nicotine replacement products or attempting to quit without assistance. The act of vaping, including inhaling, throat hit, and exhalation, closely resembles the experience of smoking a cigarette. This similarity helps satisfy the sensory cravings associated with smoking, making it easier to transition away from traditional cigarettes.
Reduced Cravings and Withdrawal Symptoms
One of the primary reasons quit attempts fail is nicotine withdrawal. Vaping can effectively reduce cravings by providing nicotine through specially formulated E-Liquids. Using a vape with nicotine, E-Liquid can gradually reduce your nicotine intake and manage withdrawal symptoms more effectively.
A Safer Alternative to Traditional Smoking
Unlike traditional cigarettes, vaping does not involve combustion, which is responsible for the harmful toxins produced by smoking. Vaping devices heat a liquid (E-Liquid), creating an inhaled aerosol. This process eliminates tobacco combustion, significantly reducing exposure to harmful chemicals in cigarette smoke. Switching to vaping is considered a safer alternative to smoking.
Things to Expect When You Start Vaping – what happens when you quit smoking and start vaping.
As you embark on your journey from smoking to vaping, you must be aware of the potential health effects you may experience during the transition. While these effects are temporary and vary from person to person, understanding them can help you navigate this period more confidently. Here are some everyday things to expect when you start vaping:
When transitioning from smoking to vaping, it’s not uncommon to experience coughing. This is a natural process as your lungs begin to clear out the tar accumulated from smoking. Coughing may occur regardless of whether you vape, quit cold turkey, or use other smoking cessation aids. Staying hydrated during this time is essential, as drinking water can help speed up the clearance process and alleviate the cough. It’s worth noting that the vapor from your vape does not impact this process.
Headaches can occur when you start vaping due to changes in your nicotine levels. The absorption of nicotine through vaping differs from that of cigarettes, which can lead to fluctuations in nicotine levels in your body. Too much or too little nicotine for your body’s accustomed levels can result in headaches, shakes, and nausea. You can quickly address this by trying different nicotine strengths until you find the one that suits you best. If you need assistance choosing the right nicotine strength, our team is here to help.
3. Oxygen Dizziness
When you smoke, the rate of blood circulation to your brain and body is reduced. Switching to vaping helps improve your circulation, allowing your body to receive adequate oxygen levels. As your body adjusts to this increased oxygen supply, you may initially experience feelings of dizziness or lightheadedness. This is your brain readjusting to the proper levels of oxygen it needs. If this sensation persists beyond a few days, it could indicate consuming too much nicotine. Consider reducing your vaping frequency or switching to a lower nicotine strength E-Liquid.
If you’re ready to embark on your journey to becoming smoke-free with the aid of vaping, RED Box Vape is here to support you. Our team consists of ex-smokers who understand your challenges during this transition. We offer many E-Liquids and vape devices to cater to your needs. Browse our E-Liquid deals in the UK to discover the right vape experience.
Conclusion – what happens when you quit smoking and start vaping.
Quitting smoking and starting vaping is a significant step towards improving your health and well-being. As we’ve explored in this comprehensive guide, the journey from smoking to vaping brings about remarkable changes in your body. You can experience many benefits by quitting smoking, including improved lung function, reduced disease risk, and enhanced cardiovascular health. Vaping offers a safer alternative to traditional smoking and has been proven effective for smoking cessation.
While transitioning from smoking to vaping, it’s essential to be prepared for potential side effects such as coughing, headaches, and oxygen dizziness. These effects are temporary and can be managed with proper guidance and support.
If you’re ready to take the plunge and start your vaping journey, RED Box Vape is here to assist you every step of the way. Explore our wide range of E-Liquids and vape devices to find the perfect fit for your needs. Together, we can help you achieve a smoke-free future and enjoy the numerous benefits of a healthier lifestyle.
Remember, quitting smoking is a personal journey, and everyone’s experience may vary. Stay committed, seek support when needed, and celebrate each milestone as you embark on this life-changing endeavor.